At North Shore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, our specialty is in our name! Your much-needed oral surgery is just one visit to Dr. Scott Frank away! The types of oral surgery that we specialize in are implant surgery, bone grafting, tooth removal, wisdom teeth extractions, and sedation dentistry. When your general dentist asks where you prefer to have your oral surgery done in North Chicago, tell them Dr. Frank at North Shore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery!
Implants For Better Oral Health
If you aren’t doing anything about your missing teeth, you are in danger of lowering your oral health, as well as your overall health. But worry not, there is a simple fix to this problem: making an appointment with us for dental implants!
Implants go a long way in saving the bone that is meant to surround your teeth. The implants act as the root system of the teeth and keep the bone around the teeth from deteriorating. Without implants your jawbone would shrink, your appearance would change, and your oral health would suffer.
Bone Grafts To Restore What Has Been Lost
After the loss of a tooth, the bone that once surrounded it will begin to disappear because it no longer has a tooth to hold in place. If this has happened to you, you are just one visit away from having that bone that you’ve lost restored through a bone graft procedure. Restoring the bone that you’ve lost will not only improve your health and make you feel better about yourself, but it will also improve your appearance by thickening your jawline to a natural level.
At North Shore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we remove teeth on a daily basis to improve your health! It is our specialty and why hundreds of dentists in Chicago refer their patients to us. The reasons for having a tooth extracted include:
- If a tooth is infected it will need to be removed to ensure that the infection doesn’t spread and further affect your health.
- Crowded mouth. Having a crowded mouth can be painful, and having a tooth removed to alleviate that pain is quite common.
- Risk of infection. Even the risk of having an infection can result in having a tooth extracted.
Wisdom Teeth Removal
Though wisdom teeth removal is a common procedure at almost every practice, at North Shore Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, we make sure your experience is comfortable and satisfactory!
From the moment you walk through the door, you will notice how cozy our office is, and that will go a long way in making your experience with oral surgery satisfactory. Other benefits you can expect when having your wisdom teeth removed by us include:
- The appropriate amount of anesthesia or dental sedation will be used to ensure that you are comfortable and feeling little to no discomfort.
- Bleeding after the procedure will be controlled by gauze, and an appropriate amount will be sent home with you to continue to control the bleeding.
- Someone will need to drive you home after the surgery. You will be unable to drive yourself because you will still be feeling the effects from the anesthesia.
- Postoperative instructions will be provided so you can comfortably heal at home.
- A prescription for antibiotics and pain medication, if needed, will be given to you by Dr. Frank to ensure that your recovery is more comfortable.
- A follow-up appointment will be scheduled to track your healing progress.